So much for getting everything wrapped up last week. As soon as my plate seemed to be clearing, more work fell in my lap.
After a week of barely sleeping (which was meant to be solely dedicated to the Lovecraft video, but soon turned out to be spent on an entirely different, and 100% CGI vid for a fairly big up and coming band) I was offered a big VFX job, and as I am a money-loving whore, I dropped to my knees and started sucking the cash cock. Sixteen effects shots for some movie that probably has a name – but I’m not allowed to talk about it, so even if I did remember what it was called, I couldn’t mention it.
So. Let’s recap on the jobs I’ve got going on, in order of something:
- I’ve got to finish up the Lovecraft video(there’s no concrete deadline, but I’m sure you’ve gathered that I like to rock hard, fast, and awesome on these things). I’m about 2/3 of the way through it, and there’s only the most entirely insane sections left – with robots, spaceships, explosions and more robots. So that shouldn’t be too tough.
- Today we shot a video for The Wild Swans which will be complete and released sometime before their next tour of Asia.
- Pete Bentham And The Dinnerladies are hopefully dropping by the studio over the weekend to shoot their new promo.
- Tonight and tomorrow I’m shooting a show for TILT, and will probably get it edited and mastered to DVD by Friday.
- The super-secret effects job, which is both super, and full of effects.
And then there’s the new Howard Be Thy Name show, which is taking form and looks like it’ll be a solid 50-70 days of work – which means when that kicks off, I’ll have to limit the other jobs I take to maybe only one or two a week.
All at the same time.
Editing while I render.
Exporting edits while I effect.
Round and round the circle goes…